Sunday, August 14, 2011

Voices

In my room you can’t hear me I’m scared
I’m not ready to face the crowd
Don’t have the voice of an angel but I dream in the stars
I just have to sing out loud
And suddenly it seems the world is listening to what I have to say
All eyes on me now ‘cause today is my day

A voice is to sing so put your spirit in verse
A voice makes your choices for better or worse
A voice is to teach, guiding light through the darkest day
Thank-you for singing and showing me the way

I sing in the shower when there’s no one around
But it all sounds so hollow and empty
Wasting away and I don’t even care
Just as long as nobody can hear me
I’m so afraid of getting one note wrong but not this time the stage is mine
The spotlight’s on and now it’s my time to shine

It’s time for curtain call
Just take a breath and stand up tall
Will I rise or fall?
No regrets as long as I give it all


*In my imagination Finn & Rachel are singing this exceedingly sappy piece at Nationals about growing up and taking chances.  This casting may no longer be appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment